We pledge to follow the Micro Footie PARENT’S CODE OF CONDUCT:
- I will remember that youth sports are played for fun and aim to make the experience a positive one.
- I will be a role model for my team demonstrating how to treat other players, parents, officials (referees) and coaches with respect at all times, refraining from intimidating, violent or hostile actions.
- I will demonstrate good sportsmanship regardless of the score by acting in a positive manner towards all players, referees, parents and coaches and encourage my child to try their best.
- I will show respect and appreciation for the volunteer coaches, referees, and staff who give their time to pro- vide recreational activities for my child.
- I understand that I have a responsibility to be a part of my child’s development and support the decisions of the staff and coaches in their aim to better the program.
- I will place my child’s emotional and physical well being ahead of my own personal desire to win.
- I will not force my child to participate and remember that the games and league are focused on the needs and enjoyment of children and players, not adults.
- I will not use drugs, tobacco or alcohol at Micro Footie practices or games and will remind other parents not to do so.
- I will encourage my child to shake hands with the other team and officials and to be respectful at the conclu- sion of all games.
- I will support the commitment my child and I have made by attending all practices and games on time and as scheduled in the program.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to deliver my child to and from practices and games and will not re- quest coaches or staff to do so on my behalf.
- I understand that I alone (or designate) take responsibility for my child and agree to remain at practices and games to provide the necessary attention and care required by my child. (Coaches must be informed of as- signed caregiver or designate in your absence)
- I understand that I and possibly my child may be removed from games and the league for any violation of this Parent’s Code of Conduct.